Year one done 9/11/25
What's up everybody i feel like its been a year since my last email. The mtc has been crazy but I've learned so much. Here's a breakdown of my week.
Friday and Saturday
I was still adjusting to the mtc and all the craziness of no phone or outside contact with anyone. My companion elder carter and I were having some bad attitudes about how bad the mtc sucked and how we just wanted to leave. However we tought a lesson and the spirit was so strong we were on a spiritual high for the next couple days. After the lesson we agreed to have a better attitude towards everything.
Sunday
My whole life ive been taught that Sunday is a day of rest, not at the mtc. There was church and classes from 8 in the morning until 9 at night. The highlight was one of the presidents showed us a video from elder Holland giving a talk at the mtc so its one they pulled out of mtc archives that nobody has ever seen and I'll never see again. He talked about John 21 and how Peter loved Jesus more than anything else in the world, I don't do it justice in the email but this was one of the most spiritual talks I have ever seen and the scripture that all the boys bring up in class is John 21.
Monday
Monday was great, our district is like one big friend group and we had all got pretty comfortable with each other.
Tuesday (disastrous)
Everything was going AMAZING elder carter and I were feeling great, the district kept making jokes with each other and I've never felt the spirit so strong. We were able to go to the temple and that was great to get off campus. At dinner elder carter said he got an email, we were getting a new companion. I was pissed. The companionship study was going great and elder carter and I had our dynamic figured out and now its all getting thrown off. We tried to keep a positive attitude until we ran into his old district. The reason he was getting added to our group was because he was injured and can't go out into the field. His whole district was leaving and he couldn't. His old district told us that he was awful. They said he lies to make himself look cool, unmotivated, is on crutches (which he doesn't need he just doesn't want to go on the mission) and by far the worst part, TERRIBLE HYGIENE. Unfortunately they weren't lying. We had to drag a mattress on our floor for him to sleep on because all the beds were already full. When he hobbled into our room I smelled him for the first time, wow it was bad. I made a new rule that night, "everyone in our room showers at night." Which ment he had to shower right then.
Wednesday (everything happens for a reason and I'm not just complaining this whole email i promise)
This third companion is NEEDY, he has the mentality of "I'm crippled everyone has to do everything for me". Despite all that elder carter and I take shifts of being his mom. We had to go get an mri for his "torn meniscus" that he can somehow walk on while he thinks no one is looking. When we walked in the hospital he went to the desk and elder carter and I got waved over by this old guy. After some conversation he asked us to pray for him, so we did, right there in the hospital lobby. After that we sat down and this other guy sat next to us. He asked us where we were going and when we told him he said that he has a son who plays video games with a kid who lives in Philly. He sometimes plays games with them because he's a cool dad and turns out over time he became kind of a father figure for this kid in Philly because he comes from a pretty rough background. He said the kid asks him for life advice all the time and they've had some conversations around God. We got the contact information for this kid and BOOM we have our first referral. After that elder carter and I quit feeling sorry for ourselves for taking care of this new guy and we realized everything happens for a reason. The reason we got stuck with this new guy is so we could meet that guy in the lobby and get a referral. I'm having a much better outlook on everything and now my testimony has grown so much. I'm getting to the point where someone can say a bullet point out of preach my gospel and I can just teach.
Sorry this is so long but I feel like I could've written a full email for every day this week.
Join this link if you want to see all the photos so far
Miss you all, elder Monroe out.
Comments
Post a Comment