2 months down 10/27/25
This week has been crazy, we put 6 people on date for baptism, transfers ended and I hit my two months.
Monday
Like always p day started at Jack's house and after some chess we went to Strousburg with some other elders and did an escape room which we failed. Finally bought a winter coat. Got a haircut.
Tuesday
Last district council of the transfer, went to Chili's for lunch. We had a lesson who didn't answer their door but there was a lady across the street so I invited her to church. We ended up talking for like two hours outside about our different perspectives on religion. I'm pretty sure she was Protestant but I'm not sure. At the end she prayed for US which was so weird because I've prayed for a lot of people but that was the first time on the mission that someone prayed for me. It was a real heartfelt prayer too which was nice.
Wednesday
Lots of ups and downs. We woke up to everything blocked on our phones, not even google maps worked and when you live in the forest you can't get around without google maps. It was worldwide so at least I wasn't the only guy dealing with it. We did the only logical thing and went to Jeff the Jew's house for like 4 hours.
Thursday
Pretty slow but we did have a member meal with the Hopkins who are my favorite family in the ward. We had their kid pick which missionary would say the prayer and he read my name as Elder Moron so I'm sure that's going to stick.
Friday
Jack took us out to lunch, he finished his lego death star. Had a ward halloween party. Halloween is HUGE out here. Also listened to a talk called "the imperfect harvest" and a byu speech called "wrestling with comparisons" highly recommend.
Saturday
Met up with the spanish elders in Hazelton for lunch at this dominican place. We don't go to Hazelton much because almost everyone there speaks spanish. The food was good but the language barrier was bad, I just pointed at the food I wanted and hoped it was good because I had no idea what I was eating. We had a lesson with the spanish elders with the guy who is crazy guy of the week. I hit my two months today so we celebrated by going to catholic mass. It was an eastern orthodox catholic mass and the church was so big and empty inside, it was cold and dim, honestly kind of depressing in there. If you haven't been to mass I recommend. Everything is chanted and the whole hour is just stand, sit, pray repeat. My favorite part was when the father walked around with this metal thing that sprayed smoke stuff. The only time the father said something that wasn't rehearsed and chanted was when he read some scripture for like two minutes AND HE SANG THE CHAPTER instead of reading it. Also put three people on date for baptism.
Sunday
Good sunday, we put three people on date for baptism, had a good weekly planning session to start the new transfer because both of us are staying in Lehighton.
Crazy guy of the week
This weeks crazy guy is named George. George is taught by the spanish missionaries in Hazelton but he also speaks english, he hates spanish people (even though his wife only speaks spanish). George wouldn't stop talking and changing the subject of the lesson, He has seen spirits, a UFO, he's killed a guy "in self defense" and then pulled out a gun. My favorite part about him is he lets chipmunks sleep in his bed with him because "they look cold"







Comments
Post a Comment