Hoarders: episode 3 10/13/2025
What's up everyone, another week down here in Lehighton. This week has dragged on but so much has happened at the same time.
Monday
Went to Jack's and played chess. Went bowling with an investigator who's basically a member and her kids. Her 11 year old destroyed me and Elder Davis but in my defense he's in bowling leagues and has his own ball and stuff, I beat my companion and thats all that matters. Hit up some stop bys. Met this dude who was crossfaded out of his mind out in his yard. He messing around with bats with his toddler who was butt naked. We got talking to him and he had a million questions about what a mission entails but I don't think anything will come out of it. He said when he was our age he already had a kid on the way so I guess I'm doing something right.
Tuesday
District council. Prophet's funeral. Drove to the boonies for some stop bys and grinded phone calls all day. Made a fire breakfast burrito for dinner.
Wednesday
Had interviews with the mission president, we talked about how I'm adjusting to everything and then I asked him a bunch of questions about the music standards. We roleplayed a lesson with the AP's and they said I was the most confident greenie they had ever seen so that was sick. After we decided to go to this barbeque place for lunch and after walking in and looking at the prices I got a little nervous because I'm kinda broke, then as I'm ordering the dude behind us in line just tells the cashier he's going to pay for both of us. I was astonished. I'd never even seen this dude before and he just drops like 30 bucks on me for no reason. Turns out he was a member from Colorado who was here for business. He's from Veneswala and has been a member for about 25 years. Goat
Thursday
In the morning someone called Elder Davis while we were doing our studies. He took the call and went in the other room and I kept studying. When I got done studying I walked out and Big Dave said he put him on date for baptism. So that was a great start to the day. Unfortunately it was pretty downhill from there. No luck at all knocking doors or phone calls. We had a member meal that night which was nice.
Friday
Went to Jack's house for chess and his new lego deathstar came in the mail and the box alone was huge. Met this guy named Jeff the Jew who is a legend in the mission. He speaks 7 languages and he was talking theology with big Dave so I sat in the corner and smiled and nodded like I understood what they were talking about. He started talking to me in spanish at one point so I just said "rock on man" and he about died laughing. He gave us some jewish money and showed us some coins from like 2000 years ago. That night I was talking to this lady named Michelle on the phone and I put her on date for baptism! Hopefully we can teach her everything before transfers because I would love to be the one who baptizes her. Also gave my first blessing on the mission.
Saturday
We had two service projects today. In Utah when I imagine a service project I think yard work for an old lady or something like that. In PA it means go to a hoarder's house and move boxes of junk from point A to point B without throwing anything away. The first house we moved food storage from the 90's then we took 6 big boxes of books that we are going to donate to the church. Mouse poop everywhere. Second house was this other old guy who's house smelled so bad. We moved like 20 totes of stuff from his living room to his basement AND SOME OF THE TOTES WERE STICKY. So gross, also cat hair everywhere. After all that we went to the adult session of stake conference and some lady gave me a chicken salad sandwich, the ones with the cut up grapes inside on a fancy bun. I ate in the back of the meeting, it was so good. The church building was like an hour away so we didn't get home until 10.
Sunday
Today was good. Stake conference was great and there were a ton of missionaries there. I talked to a bunch of them after and one had ties back to fillmore and another went to Denny's with Misi V. and some of the other richfield boys one time so it was fun to talk about back home. Then there was 3 baptisms there and it was super fun to be there for all that.
Crazy guy of the week
Last week I was worried I wouldn't get a crazy guy to talk about, this week I found her on monday. I was calling media referrals and one called me back, I say "hello this is the missionaries" Then she asked me what time the sacrifice was. I was confused and asked her to explain. Turns out this lady was super satanic and thought a missionary would make a perfect sacrifice. I then invited her to church. She said My church wouldn't like her pentagram and upside down cross tattoos so I told her if she changes her mind she's always welcome. She then said I was always welcome at a sacrifice so I guess if the missionary thing doesn't work out I have somewhere I can go so that was kind.
Sorry this is kind of a long one but I guess a lot happened.
Love you guys Elder Monroe out.


Comments
Post a Comment