I hate the Kansas City Chiefs 10/20/25
what's up everyone hopefully you all had a great week, I've learned so much and experienced lots of miracles.
Monday
We had a zone wide elder's p day so we drove up to Scranton and I loved getting to know some of the other elders. We played pickleball and basketball at the church and got lunch at Red Robins, shout out mom for buying my food. Then we went bowling and played some mini golf it was so fun.
Tuesday
District council and then we went to Jeff the Jew's house. He showed us one of his gun rooms, his sword and knife collection and then he went crazy on the drums while his wife fed us peanut butter crackers. Knocking doors the rest of the day was really slow but I called this media referral who turned out to be this Jamaican lady who is definitely going to be baptized but unfortunately wasn't in our area.
Wednesday
Had exchanges with Elder Galbreath who is also a new missionary so we didn't have the best gameplan. However it was so nice to talk to him because we have a lot in common. We found 3 people and i was stoked (or so I thought). When we got back home I was stoked to tell Elder Davis about how great a job we did, turns out you need a return appointment for it to count as a find and Big Dave never told me that, but he sure made me know that they didn't count. He never tells me HOW to do things but he loves to tell me what I do wrong. I was mad so I ate a breakfast burrito and went to bed.
Thursday
Went to Jeff the Jew's house for a "5 minute stop by" just to say hi and we didn't get out for an hour and a half. Phone call lessons were actually amazing today which is rare. Had a little miracle because all the people I "found" the day before all answered and I got return appoitments for every single one, so I got my three finds after all. One of them was named Jerell and he's the goat.
Friday
Had exchanges with the zone leaders today so I hung out with Elder Rojas who is amazing. We have super similar interests and he is LOCKED IN when it comes to missionary work. All of the lessons we had went super well. At the start of the day he asked me what was something I had unwavering faith in and told me to try and bare that testimony as much as possible throughout the day. Mine was prayer and his was the Book of Mormon. The first person we stopped by was was lady who had cancer. She said she was busy and didn't really want to talk to us but I offered to say a prayer for her and then she let us in. We got in there and actually had an amazing lesson and we both beared our testimony of the things we picked earlier. Then we helped her install a new microwave, shout out ace hardware. Had Chilis for the first time for dinner it was so good. Pros for the day Elder Rojas said I was super eager to learn and was really confident and knew my lessons better than a lot of new missionaries so that was a huge compliment coming from him.
Saturday
Went to Jack's for a little chess and then this lady named Donna took us out for pizza. Her lifelong best friend was a member and conversation was so easy with her. We clicked so fast and just swapped stories for forever and it seemed like she was genuinely interested in the church because "we had a special light about us when we talk about it". She's my new best friend (even though she's in her 60s) She said we convinced her to come to church tomorrow.
Sunday
Today has been my favorite sunday so far on the mission. We had to go to the church early to fill up the font because our friend Christina was getting baptized after church. Once church actually started I was kind of bummed because none of our friends that we were teaching showed up. Despite that rather than a testimony meeting we had a music centered testimony meeting. People got up and said their favorite hymn and the backstory on why they love it and then we sung the song. The spirit was so strong I loved it. Then after the first hour I walked out of the chapel and I saw Jerell (one of the guys I found with Elder Galbreath) AND HE BROUGHT A FRIEND. I was so stoked one of our friends actually showed up. Second hour class was about using the correct term for the church rather than being called "mormons" or other nicknames. He was nodding his head throughout the whole thing and I even saw him power off his phone so I know he was paying attention. After church I baptized Christina and Big Dave gave her the Holy Ghost it was amazing.
Crazy guy of the week
Not too much of a story this week but we found not one but TWO women who are pregnant with baby Jesus right now. I didn't ask how far along they were so I guess the second coming is going to be anytime from now to nine months.
Things are going great out here, I miss and love you all
Elder Monroe out.






Comments
Post a Comment