2 cooked p days 11/18/25
What's up everyone, back to back boofed p days. This week's was because I had the opportunity to go to the priesthood restoration site with all of the new and departing missionaries. This email will be kind of short because I had my last p day on thursday.
Thursday
Woke up in Broomal and went to the temple which was amazing. The Philly temple is super pretty. After the temple we went to Khan's (the best food truck in the mission). After that we swung by a muslim store to buy prayer mats for us and the tech elders (check the google photos). When we got in the store we were immediatly met with weird looks from everyone but then we met Daud the store owner. He was so funny and nice, when we walked in he said "we don't get much of your kind in here" in his accent and it was super funny. He shared a little bit about his religion and it was really interesting. He gave me his phone number and told me he would give me a free Quran next time I come back. Now I have a Muslim prayer mat from Daud and a Jewish Yamaka from Jeff the Jew.
Friday
Played some poker with Jack, hit up tons of inactives. Ate the rest of my Khan's and then bought a knife from Jeff the Jew.
Saturday
We got news that we were doing a service project but something amazing happened. For the first time on my entire mission I got to the house we were doing service at AND SHE WASN'T A HOARDER! I almost cried tears of joy when she said we were moving dirt from point a to point b instead of boxes coveredin cat hair. President Shuss and his daughter were there along with the Devore families. Unfortunatly President Shuss, Elder Davis and I were the only ones that worked. The Devore kids leaned against their shovels while their moms talked to each other, that might be my biggest pet peeve. I think President Shuss's 5 year old daughter worked harder than them with her little pink wheelbarrow. Had a couple lessons and then our branch had a talent show and it was actually really fun. I love my branch out here, everyone is so close because there aren't a whole lot of people, it really feels like a "ward family". I also remodeled my bathroom, check out the google photos.
Sunday
Great sunday, we had 7 recent converts and 7 people we're teaching at church. Took a nap through weekly planning. Went on splits for the night with Elder Bigler to drive down to Broomal for the priesthood restoration site the next day. When we got to Broomal there were two other companionships there to spend the night. Eight missionaries in one little apartment was fun though.
Monday
Woke up super early so I could shower before all the other elders. On the bus ride up, new missionaries were supposed to sit with departing missionaries to interview them. I sat by Elder Lay and he talked about the plan of salvation in such a way that I've never thought of it. We talked about the importance of love and how love revolves around everything we do and the whole reason why we are here. Charity and love for others is the most important Christlike characteristic that we should implement. The actual PRS was amazing, after all the tours and all that we ended off at the river. I just kind of stared off in the distance and admired the beauty of the nature around me and was filled with so much peace and gratitude.
Crazy guy of the week
Didn't really talk to any crazy people, I was around a lot of missionaries. Instead I just want to shout out my Uncle Paul for sending me news on the NFL, he's the goat.
Google photos were nice this week
Hope things are going well, love you all
Elder Monroe out




Comments
Post a Comment