Two crazy guys and one baptism 11/24/25

Finally a normal P day again. This week has been great over here in PA, hopefully you are all doing great as well.


Tuesday
I started P day by deep cleaning the apartment and then some other elders invited us bowling. We went bowling in Wilkes-Barre with the zone leaders and spanish elders and it was only like 12 bucks for two games. After that we went to a chinese and sushi buffet. I've always heard you shouldn't ever trust a sushi buffet, so I downed four plates of sushi and crab, it was a good day. Also met the crazy guy of the week over the phone.

Wednesday
Today we had interviews with the president. I was the very last missionary to be interviewed that day so I asked him if he was sick of interviews yet. He said "Nah I'm just getting warmed up" and then my interview lasted like four minutes. He did tell me some secret transfer news though. On our way home we stopped at McDonalds and we "coincidentally" met up with four other elders, one of them being Elder Whitehead who's so funny.

Thursday
Finally finished Alma, holy balls that's a long book, I never thought I'd get through it. Had district council, it was weird having it on a Thursday. Had a member meal with the Hopkin's and I told sister Hopkins I had an 11 year old brother so the rest of dinner we talked about setting him up with their 11 year old daughter. 

Friday
Started the day with chess at Jack's house. The past couple weeks we have been focusing on inactives and today we went into brother Gruber's house. For the next hour or so I sat on a couch petting a cat, listening to this tone deaf 70 something year old play his electric guitar and sing songs from the 60s and 70s. It was amazing. He played The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones. I knew all the songs and I sang along because he would look up at me as he played to make sure I was following along. I've been music deprived for almost 3 months so I was so grateful for that old guy. After that we drove up to  Drums to our recent convert's son's birthday party (he got baptized today but more on that later). The party consisted of like 15 family members and the missionaries, it was like a family reunion plus me, It was also standing room only in their little house but the food was amazing and I got the leftover pulled pork and cookies.

Saturday
More inactive work today. Met the second crazy guy of the week. Went to the church to fill up the font for a baptism the next day.

Sunday
Today was so good. Last week we had a six week high for new friends at church (8) and today we broke that again with 10 people. Our tiny chappell was overflowing and it was so great. After church our boy Anthony got baptized. Anthony is Christina's son who got baptized a few weeks ago. Big Dave baptized him and I confirmed him. 

Crazy guy of the week
Guys I'm sorry for not having a crazy guy last week, I know a lot of you look forward to it (mostly just the girls that my mom works with). So to make up for it I have two this week. The first is a guy we had a phone call with on Tuesday. I don't remember his name but he was curious on what part of Genesis was about baseball. We told him that the old testament was written a long time before baseball existed but this guy wouldn't give up. He knew that Genesis was about baseball and he was determined to figure out where. We argued with him for like half an hour. I still don't know where the baseball scripture is but I'll let him know when I find out.

Second crazy guy of the week was an inactive member. You know the crazy people in the movies that wear the tinfoil hats to block government signals? I found one of those guys. I don't know much about technology so I'm going to explain this the best I can. This guy was working on this top secret government technology (that that he immediately told us about, so he's not great at keeping secrets). It can push sound through radio waves so you can hear music in your head rather than using a speaker. He said he made one of these back in the 90s but he wouldn't give it to the public because he knew people would use it for evil. He also only uses technology from the 70s but I don't remember his reasoning for that. I was pretty interested on what this amazing new technology looked like, I mean a device where you can just hear music in your head without earbuds or anything has got to look pretty cool. He pulled it out and I kid you not it was just a breadboard with two wires hanging off it. He said It's still a work in progress so maybe he'll add some more stuff onto it but I'm excited to see the finished product.

Hope things are going well back home. Check out the google photos, love you all
Elder Monroe out 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally in the Field 9/22/25

New transfer 7/13/26