1 Buddhist, 1 Catholic and 6 Mormons 12/1/25
Happy Thanksgiving everyone I hope you all gained a couple pounds. This week has been kind of crazy.
Monday
I hit my three months so I was stoked about that. Like every good P day we played chess with Jack. After that we hit a Walmart run and then went to Jeff the Jew's house so he could give me a haircut. Jeff is a big talker though so the haircut took about an hour and a half, but I tried to give him money and he wouldn't take it so I can't complain about a free haircut. The rest of the day I talked to the family.
Tuesday
It rained all day but it wasn't very cold so it was perfect. All our lessons were with members today and we were even going to be fed by the Devore's but they cancelled. I wasn't mad though I didn't feel like getting covered in cat hair anyway.
Wednesday
We had exchanges with the Stroudsburg elders which was nice because I got to hang out with Elder Galbreath all day. That night we had Texas Roadhouse with all four of us and I figured out the method. Get a pulled pork sandwich and a water, they load up the sandwich with meat and as you eat it a bunch falls out so you take the extra meat home and put it on a new sandwich later. It also only comes out to like 12 bucks. Galbreath also bought some crazy hot hot sauce that we had that night so check out the google photos. Ended the night by "sleeping" on a leaky air mattress so I woke up on the floor.
Thursday
I think I could have wrote a whole email on this day alone so buckle up. We had district council today because it was Thanksgiving so we needed to waste time. After that we drove back to our area for our Thanksgiving dinner at like 1:30 with a member family named the Parraga's, and they are from Ecuador. The food was like no Thanksgiving I've had before, mexican rice, chicken, pork, fried plantains and cranberry salad, it was so good. The Parraga's also brought some other guests, Karen (another member of the branch) and a Vietnamese couple from New York City. So there I was eating spanish thanksgiving with a Buddhist, a Catholic and six mormons (sounds like the start to a bad joke). Everyone was so funny, I think a part of it was their accents and the way everyone communicated with each other but I didn't stop laughing the whole dinner. The best part was when the Vietnamese lady (Tina) was talking about how she was getting old and tired, so I said "no way you're only like 22", I said it just because but she thought I was so serious. She jumps up and gives me a big hug and says in the funniest accent "I'm almost 60 but I'm going to take you out". After Thanksgiving lunch we drove back to Stroudsburg for dinner with the rest of our district. The only place open on Thanksgiving was a bar. Six mormons walk into a bar (theres the start to another bad joke). The food was good and I even got to watch a little football which I have been missing so bad. I also got to talk to all the extended family so that was super fun.
Friday
Started the day with chess at Jack's. Had a couple lessons and hit a bunch of stop bys and then Deanna called us and invited us over for pizza at the Schoenburger's house. They were even watching the Utah State, Boise game so I got back to back days to watch a little football.
Saturday
Had a few lessons and lots of stop bys but nothing interesting happened.
Sunday
Woke up and it was snowing pretty hard so that was everyone's excuse for not coming to church. Second hour consisted of decorating wooden Christmas ornaments to put on the tree for the Christmas party this weekend. After church I was falling asleep during my personal study so after I sped through weekly planning and then took a nap. Had a really weird dream where I woke up but I was still dreaming, it was like a dream inside of a dream and it really confused me. When I woke up for real I couldn't tell if I was actually awake or not so for the next hour or so I was questioning reality.
Crazy guy of the week
Okay this weeks crazy guy is actually a whole family. So on Thursday during dinner with the Parraga's I asked the Vietnamese couple what they did for work and they own a Vietnamese sandwich shop in Brooklyn. Elder Davis and I told them that we have never had Vietnamese food before and they told us next time we're in Brooklyn to stop by and they'll give us a sandwich. I go about my week not thinking anything of it and then Sunday rolls around and the Parraga's walk into church with a bag consisting of two sandwiches. They drove all the way to Brooklyn new york which is a 5 hour round trip without traffic (and there's always traffic in New York) all to buy two sandwiches. I was stunned.
Anyway this might be the world's longest email so I'm going to stop talking. Love you all
Elder Monroe out.




Comments
Post a Comment