Allentown 1/26/26
What's up everyone I feel like so much has happened since last week. I left Lehighton and now I'm in a quad with the zone leaders in Allentown PA. I love being in a quad so much it's so fun.
Monday
Last day in Lehighton. After living there for 4 and a half months I got pretty attached to some of the people. Said my goodbyes to Jack and whooped him in chess, we ended 20-11 so I was stoked I broke 20 on him. Said goodbye to some other recent converts.
Tuesday
Said goodbye to Elder Swenson, gonna miss that guy but he dropped me off and I met my new comp Elder Hart. We get along super well he reminds me a lot of Carson Blackburn, so I like him. The other two Elders are Elder Waite who is Elder Carter's old comp and Elder Thompson. I love them so much they're so fun. I met my new favorite recent convert of the area Lori. Lori is so cool, she used to be a crazy drug addict and then the missionaries found her and now she's like a year and a half sober! She LOVES the missionaries too.
Wednesday
There's an inactive member who brings us doughnuts every week to district council named Bill. He also gives us a Wawa card with 25 bucks on it per day. I love Bill.
Thursday
I met Sheila, she's a recent convert and she's kinda crazy. She fed us the nastiest meal ever. Spaghetti, marinara sauce, chicken, ground pork, chicken broth, and garlic mashed potatoes all cooked in a big pot.
Friday
Went to starbucks for a lesson, the lady didn't show up but I tried this dragonfruit lemonade and it was so good. All four missionaries pulled up for tacos at Lori's house at dinner. For drinks she gave us the option of pineapple juice or prune juice. Before anyone could say anything Elder Waite told her we would all LOVE some prune juice. We all chugged our prune juice and 20 minutes later Elder Thompson looks at me and says "Man that prune juice went right through me" I asked him if he had to go to the bathroom and he said "Too late". Man prune juice is dangerous. We also went shopping because I haven't had food for the past couple days because I'm in a new area so I was surviving on ramen and prayers. Walmart was crazy though, there were so many people there and the shelves were empty because everyone was doomsday prepping for the storm that was going to hit on Sunday.
Saturday
Had an exchange with Elder Waite but it didn't feel like an exchange because I live with him. First thing in the morning we went to our recent convert's houses to make sure they were awake because there was a ward temple trip. We go to our boy Isaiah's house first. We pounded on his door and nothing so we left and came back. When we came back bishop was there to pick him up. We pounded and yelled and then his mom opened the window from upstairs and let us in. The dude was asleep so we woke him up and he didn't even know what planet he was on. we buttoned his shirt and put his pants on for him and sent him on his way. Ate some fire dominican food for dinner.
Sunday
Snow storm hit and we weren't supposed to leave the apartment. We had a zoom call with all the missionaries in the zone where we shared our favorite baptism story. The rest of the day we made calls and read scriptures over the phone.
Crazy guy of the week
I can't decide between Lori with the prune juice or Sheila with her nasty pot of food. Either way it's been a fun week
Love you all Elder Monroe out










Comments
Post a Comment