Chapter 14 1/15/26
What's up everyone, I'm going to the temple with Jack so I had to move my p day so it's been a minute. I Don't feel like writing an extra long email today that only my mom and my grandma will read so I'm going to just give the highlights.
Monday
Got my first dominican haircut
Tuesday
Not much happened
Wednesday
Today felt like a nice kick in the balls. We had a friend who we have been teaching pretty much my whole mission, her name is Michele. She had a bunch of health struggles and she got put on hospice so we had the opportunity to go and say a prayer in her room. When I walked in there she just looked like a skeleton of her old self. She was asleep and we knelt on the hospital floor and that was a tough prayer to say. Neither of us said much on the drive home.
Thursday
Had a lesson with our recent convert Dan who fed us these two pound burritos from this mexican place.
Friday
Exchanges with the zone leaders up in Scranton.
Saturday
Drove back to Lehighton for TAP exchanges and we were so locked in that day. One of our recent converts had quit vaping and let us smash a vape and that was fun.
Sunday
TAP exchanges day two, all three of us missionaries gave the talks in sacrament, mine was on prayer.
Monday
Went to Jacks for chess and we pulled up and he was wearing a suit and tie he bought for the temple. GOAT. Later we stopped by this inactive couple and we could hear the lady freaking out from outside but the guy invited us in anyway. The wife ran off and we talked to the husband (George). He was blind but we had a really good conversation. About 10 minutes in his wife screams from outside. We all jump up because we thought she got hurt but she just knocked over a box and was screaming like a toddler. Then in the most calm voice George hits us with "Apparently I have to go do work, with what I don't know, I am blind." It was so funny and we've been quoting George every day. To end off the night we got the cops called on us. Two cops pull up as we're walking and the one starts grilling us with questions. I asked them if they wanted to come to church and they didn't think I was very funny but you have to ask

Tuesday
"preach my gospel" is the handbook the missionaries use and there's 13 chapters. Each chapter goes over an aspect of missionary work but the missionaries have a 14th chapter "flirt to convert". The day went pretty normal, we had our last district council of the transfer, not a lot happened until the end of the night we decided to go to the projects and that's where we found Tracy. Tracy was definitely a little crazy, she was in her 50s, no teeth, single mother of 4 but DEFINITELY into me. She was asking how old I was and was telling me she was single and she was going crazy with the compliments, so nice. You know I had to send the same energy back! I got the digits and she's going to be good for the return appointment.
Wednesday
Found another girl with the chapter 14 method, this one was my age so it's not as funny. Also had a nice dinner with our branch president
Crazy guy of the week
I had so many options for crazy guy of the week. Tracy, George and his wife, this dude who thinks he's Isaiah from the Bible. But I think Tracy wins, i miss her.
This week has had lots of ups and downs but its been good. Love you all
Elder Monroe out





Comments
Post a Comment