Christmas 12/25/25
Merry Christmas everyone I hope you all are doing great. I had to move my P day to Christmas so get ready for an extra long email.
Here's the google photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ CiJcW4s192FZ8fGNA
Monday
Solid p day today. Went to walmart to stock up for the next two weeks. After that we went to Jack's house for chess and then bummed at the apartment for FOREVER. We got so bored we went back to Jack's for more chess. Then Elder Galbreath, Thompson, Roberts and Black and us went to Jeff the Jew's house for the second night of Hanukkah. It was super fun, we lit the candle, did a little dance and then we were off to lessons the rest of the day.
Tuesday
Started the day with district council in Stroudsburg so by the time we got back home and did our studies it was 3. Had a few lessons lined up but they all cancelled.
Wednesday
Exchanges with Stroudsburg today and it was a pretty long day, had a nice member meal though.
Thursday
Not a whole lot happened during the day but once night hit we went to a member meal with the Golden girls (these three old ladies who feed us). They LOADED my plate with spaghetti and after I put that down they gave us some ice cream. At this point I was full but it didn't stop there. Then came the peanut butter cookies, and then the snickerdoodles and then another baked good that I forgot the name of, these old ladies were trying to kill us. Filled up our car with gas and watched a lady crash her car, she's all good though.
Friday
What an odd day. We started the day off at Jack's house for chess and then made our way to the next town over. We went to knock our first house and it went from zero rain to a downpour in a split second. We had a member call us and tell us that they didn't have any water in their house and they were "rather thirsty" so we went home and filled up a vegetable oil bottle full of water and drove out and gave it to them. At the end of the day we got in pretty heated argument with one of our recent converts.
Saturday
I guess I'm 19 now, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Had a member who was moving so they called us and we took all of their swords of their wall for them so that was fun. Went to a Christmas party that one of our recent converts threw so in a way I even got a birthday party, santa was even there. The rest of the night kind of dragged.
Sunday
Had two friends at church which was good and church had a little christmas program which was super fun.
Monday
The day started with Chess at Jack's. Drove an hour north for a lesson then drove half an hour to a member lesson, then drove half an hour to a lesson and then drove 45 minutes for service, so many phone calls. The member we were doing service for took us out for chinese food and she was such a bro, we just talked about football for an hour. She did warn us of a storm that was coming in so we ran home and grabbed all our stuff to make a last minute drive down to the tech elder's for zone conference the next day.
Tuesday
8 missionaries ended up staying at the tech elders place and I even got a mattress so that was lucky. Went to Wawa for breakfast and ran into Elder Carter so I knew it was going to be a good day. Zone conference was really good I learned a lot. During lunch they told us they rented out a movie theatre and we went and watched a Christmas movie. After the movie we had to take the west Philly elders back to their area since they don't have a car. They told us they had a lesson so we dropped them off at their lesson and we waited around for them to be done so we could take them to their next lesson. In the meantime I peed on my first Philly street so that was fun to cross off the list of things to do. Had a two hour drive home so by the time we got back to our area the day was done. Opened up my grandma's Christmas gift and it was full of letters from all my cousins and I loved it so much. They had some good drawings and jokes in there too.
Wednesday
Today was such a blur but I hit my 4 months. Did a district white elephant gift exchange and had a huge meal with the branch president and his family.
Crazy guy of the week
Nothing too crazy but I called this dude who answered the phone with a sneezing coughing noise. I asked him if he was good and then he just yelled, like he didn't say any words he was just yelling so I yelled back. I invited him to church and he calmed down. I'm not sure how to describe what was happening so here's how the conversation went.
"Sneeze/cough"
"You good?"
"Ahhhhh"
"Ahhhh, you want to come to church? ahh"
"God bless you man"
"You too, want to come to church?"
"Nah"
And then he hung up and I thought that was the end of it but he called me back like 5 minutes later to ask if some girl was going to call him. I didn't know what he was talking about so I played along and hyped him up (just trying to be a good wingman). He hung up and called back again asking where Courtney was and to have her call him. He never called again so hopefully Courtney got to him and everything is working out for him.
Love yall
Elder Monroe out














Comments
Post a Comment