Dear Lehighton 1/19/26

What's up everyone this is going to be a short one because I wrote an email on Thursday. 


I got transfer news Sunday and I'm leaving Lehighton. As hard as this area was I'm going to miss it. The people here are so great, despite the lack of teeth and increase in female facial hair I'm going to miss it. I've been able to witness so many miracles and it's been such a blessing being able to watch other people grow closer to Christ. I love the 6 people I have had the blessing to help baptize and I love all of the recent converts and members so much. I was really bummed to leave Elder Swenson though, I don't think we have had a single argument and he's taught me so much, we have a ton of inside jokes and he's so funny. I'm writing this email Sunday night because for p day I'm going to run around and say goodbye to all my favorites. I'm going to Whitehall PA which is Elder Swenson's dream area so it should be good. I'm going to be serving around a bunch of pretty good missionaries from what I hear. 

Friday
Had exchanges with Elder Galbreath. Needed a lot of patience that day but it was good for me.

Saturday
Woke up and the snow was going crazy. Couldn't drive on the roads so while we waited for the plows we went to Jack's for chess. After lunch the snow was still going crazy so we were able to read some scriptures with our friend Joe and a recent convert over the phone which went really well. By the time we got out the door it was about 2 so half our day was gone. Did a lot of knocking and had some lessons with recent converts the rest of the day.

Sunday
Man today started kind of rough. I knew I was leaving and I was looking forward to saying goodbye to the members at church and they cancelled church because of snow. I was pissed. We went down to the Whitehall ward which is where I'm serving but I didn't know that yet which is kind of funny. Once church was over we drove back to our area and had lunch at the Paraga's. The Paraga's are this Ecuadorian family and man, mama Paraga makes some good food. I ate so many empanadas but she didn't make her fried plantains like she usually does which was sad. Good last member meal though, I'm glad I got to say goodbye to them. After lunch we went to Jack's for more chess and then went home and planned for our week.

Crazy guy of the week 
This week the crazy guy of the week is Elder Galbreath. During our exchange we got into some funny conversations. My favorite one was he knocked this one house and he came back and said "man that guy spoke really incoherent English." 
I thought he was joking but i had to hit him with "Dude that was spanish." 

Love you all
Elder Monroe out











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally in the Field 9/22/25

New transfer 7/13/26