idk what to name this 12/29/25

What's up everyone, I feel like I just wrote an email but here's a quick one anyway.


Thursday
Christmas was a day to remember. Woke up and drove an hour away to a members house who fed all of the missionaries in the whole Scranton zone. After breakfast we played some games and then got back to Lehighton around 3. The rest of the day I wrote my novel of an email, played some chess at Jack's and talked to the family.

Friday
Jack took us to the diner for breakfast around 10:30 and then we had a lesson with a recent convert who fed us around 1. Storm hit and we had to go home before the roads got too bad so we made a ton of phone calls the rest of the night.

Saturday
Elder Swenson and I decided we are going to block all of the members in the branch so they can't call us. We got told we were giving the talks in sacrament, teaching elders quorum, we delivered food to members and shoveled driveways all day. Like I get people being busy around the holidays but we were just running their errands for them all day. We did put our boy Joe on date for baptism though

Sunday
I could have written my whole email on Sunday. "I feel like this Sunday is going to be a Sunday to remember" -Elder Swenson on Saturday. That guy knows the future. After stressing all night trying to get talks and lessons figured out for church we woke up to find that church was cancelled. We were pissed, the reason was "too much ice in the parking lot" and we went to go check it out and it wasn't even that bad. We were the only church in the zone that got cancelled. So we drove up to Hazleton about a half hour north to attend the spanish branch there. I didn't understand a word but it was pretty fun, they have a really small congregation so we did a lot of singing because there aren't enough speakers. I really like singing in spanish. After church we went to Jack's for some chess and then we had a member invite us over for food so we went and did that and I even got to watch some football. The rest of the day we spent planning out our week. At the end of the night we had a zoom call with the whole mission and they went over some stats for the year. At the beginning of the year they set their baptism goal at 850, we hit it in October. They changed the goal to 1000 and we ended off the year with 987 people baptized so that was pretty nuts. 

No crazy guy of the week, unless you count Elder Swenson when he forgets to take his adderall. 
Love yall, Elder Monroe out.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally in the Field 9/22/25

New transfer 7/13/26