Anotha one 4/13/26
Yo this week was actually nuts. Transfers came and I'm staying but Elder Waite's out and he's off to die in west philly. That means everyone in the original quad is gone but me.
Monday
Got a haircut from a dominican. I love dominicans. Had our first Ysa activity and only 2 people showed up. Dang.
Tuesday
Saw the craziest thing of my mission but that will be at the end.
Wednesday
Went and did service at a book fair. The book fair is run by a bunch of grandmas so all we did was move boxes of books onto tables for display. They had a bunch of tables full of music CDs and Elder Crane and I drooled over them long enough that the boss grandma said we could take whatever we wanted. I got Fleetwood Mac, Bob Marley, The Cranberries, Jack Johnson, and a Luis Armstrong. Our Washer broke last week and we were hoping that the guy would fix it by now but he didn't so I free-balled the whole day because I was out of underwear. Thankfully we have nice members who were willing to wash our dirty underwear for us. At the end of the day the other Elders called us and told us to pull up to Mamma Dorris's house. Mamma Dorris is from Cameroon and she fed us some stew of some kind. The trick was to take a bite and then pick out all the fish bones while she wasn't looking. Then we had a little dance with her and her family.
Thursday
We just taught lesson after lesson today it was awesome and the weather was so nice.
Friday
Nothing too crazy happened today
Saturday
Gave a church tour to a Haitian guy named Gorbetchev, he's cool. Asked this group of dominicans outside a barber shop if they want to come to church. They didn't speak a lick of english but we know a little dominican slang so we hit him with a "KLK" and then he hit us with a "KLK my n****" and I knew we were in. They were cooking a bunch of meat on the grill so he gave us some food and took a bunch of pictures with us and posted them on his whatsapp story. At the end of the night we got the call that I'm staying and elder Waite's leaving. I was so stoked to stay.
Sunday
Got 3 friends to church and put 2 of them on date for baptism! The AP's called me later that day and asked me to be district leader. I thought Elder Crane was going to pass the torch but he's also district leader with me? Our district is huge so I guess we're just both district leading. That night the transfer board dropped and Elder Waite is going to West Philly and Elder Covington is coming here to replace him.
Crazy guy of the week
We drove to the next area over for a baptism interview for one of the sister's friends. We meet up behind the library in this cute little courtyard full of pink trees that are just blooming for spring. We sit down at a bench with our boy Douglas and start the interview. The sisters walk away and start talking to this white dude in his 70's in the courtyard. While the sisters are talking to this white guy a drunk dominican guy walks up to them. We aren't paying attention because we're talking to Douglas. Before too long the sisters run off and I look up and white guy and dominican guy are yelling at each other and they're squared up about to fight. We watch them and things start to chill out and we go back to talking to Douglas, then boom. This 70 something year old just throws this dominican guy and starts wailing on him. Dominican's eyebrow splits and there's blood everywhere. We go break up the fight and go back and finish the interview. Douglas got baptized Sunday, lets go Douglas.
Love you all, Elder Monroe out.




Comments
Post a Comment