Ducks, Heston Littlewood and crack 4/20/26
Another week down here in the A-town and it's officially swass season. 80 degrees with 90% humidity isn't something I'm used to. First full week with Elder Covington, he's a stud, he's got good music taste. We just got done with an hour long conversation talking about everything from modern baseball to Alice in Chains to Travis Scott.
Monday
Got groceries, went to the laundry mat for laundry, ate sushi and felt like poo the rest of the day.
Tuesday
Said goodbye to Elder Waite and met Elder Covington. Bro walked in with thrifted pants and a guitar so I knew it was going to be a good transfer. Later I was singing smoke two joints by sublime and he started singing too. Dang it's going to be a good transfer.
Wednesday
The zone leaders had MLC in Philly so we had no car, but we had service half an hour away and no way to get there. I was not about to miss out on free cds though so we stole the spanish elders car while they were in district council and now I have Nevermind- Nirvana, Dookie- Greenday, The best of the Beatles and SMASH- Offspring. After that we had a lesson and then cleaned out a crack basement full of poop. Drugs are nasty, dont do drugs. Had a member meal with the Higleys and had home made pizza.
Thursday
Lead out my first district council, went surprisingly well. Got fed lunch by a Dominican, she fed us chicken, rice and beans with bananas. Yo dominicans can make anything taste good. Found a guy who was carrying a duck around and he let me hold it while we taught him. Bro never came to church though. Ran into the other elders teaching mama Dorris, (one of the Africans we're teaching) so we went in and gave her a french bom and she started crying.
Friday
Taught our boy Fred who only speaks Swahili, my first ever Swahili lesson. Shout out chat GPT for translating. I realized we need some Swahili missionaries to teach him so I went to the goat Elder Heston Littlewood. I put in a referral in Cleveland and when the missionaries called me I had them send me his number. Called him up and holy cow I love Heston.
Saturday
Took our recent convert Daniel out to invite people to church with us, he's like 21 and he's so cool.
Sunday
Not much happened today. Pounded on our recent convert's doors trying to get them up for church, had 2 friends come for the first time, it was awesome. Afterwards one of the recent converts that I helped baptize asked if I'd get baptized for her son since he died, so awesome I love Joanne.
Crazy guy of the week
Nothing too crazy this week. On Thursday at the end of the day we met this big old Haitian lady named Grace. Grace was just wandering the streets because she lost her apartment and was lost. So the last hour of the day we spent wandering with her trying to find this apartment with the two clues she gave us, it's by a barbershop and a spanish store, wow that describes every block in Allentown. We found it though.












Comments
Post a Comment